I wrote for 21 days on Medium
When I began writing 22 days ago on Medium, I had only one core intention: Write regularly and build a daily writing habit.
Of course, it didn’t need that many days to build this particular habit, but I just found myself enjoying it so much that before I knew it, 21 days had elapsed (22, if you count this post).
As I began writing this post, it kept getting longer and longer until it hit me:
I shouldn’t be writing about it here; I should be writing it on my own blog.
So I deleted the original post and then wrote this quick and snappy piece.
Here’s the link to the detailed, 4000-word post on How to Create a Blog that stands out in a Crowd
In short though, here are some key takeaways and ideas going forward:
- I enjoyed writing on Medium because it gave me the energy needed to get back to a daily writing habit. In other words, this is a great practice ground.
- Writing everyday here showed me that I could work on what matters, if I put my mind to it.
- My current focus is working on publishing two e-books for bloggers by December 2020. Writing here daily gave me the impetus to start working on the first of those two e-books simultaneously. I completed the first 5 pages of that e-book in just one day.
- If I can write daily on Medium, I can work daily on my blog. It’s just a question of priorities.
- Social media is a tool; as long as we use it that way, it’s very effective.
- Writing more made me naturally want to read more. My Goodreads profile is looking very satisfied at the moment.
- Writing on Medium is easy; it’s important not to fall into a state of complacency. Deep work is where true growth happens.
What this also means is that my daily writing on Medium will continue as a practice ground but I will continue to write daily, whether it’s here, on my Blog or on linkedin.
The key is to keep writing.
*If you’ve been following me here, I thank you deeply. I’d love for you to follow my blog, www.shailajav.com for more detailed tips on blogging, social media strategy and mindful productivity